Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Know Fab Inaugural Blog

Like every other woman in the universe, I think I know what is fabulous (fab).  My proposed knowledge of fabulous is not limited to one thing - it extends to clothes, food, home decor, discount shopping, music, people, stories - essentially any topics that are of interest to me.  When I experience something fabulous, I want to tell everyone about it so they can experience it too.  In Malcolm Gladwell's book The Tipping Point, I am what is described as a Maven.  Wikipedia provides this definition of maven:

A maven (also mavin) is a trusted expert in a particular field, who seeks to pass knowledge on to others.

I am hesitant about the "expert" part when applying the definition to myself, but what I love is the "trusted" part - if I don't truly believe in something, I am not going to recommend it - I won't have the passion to do it. 

I have to reveal another purpose of this blog, besides serving as a maven to the cyber-community, is to increase exposure to my handmade jewelry business.  I will probably promote my jewelry from time to time, but this blog will predominantly be used as an outlet for venting my maven tendencies so my friends, family and facebook friends won't have to hear about what I think is fabulous all the time - they and you can just come here at your leisure when you want to hear what I think.

Thanks for stopping by.  I look forward to seeing where this blog takes me.  Keep in touch.  Be true to yourself and others, and cut worry out of your life - you will be happier for it. 

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment